Dump Truck Insurance in California
From keeping residential areas clean to hauling materials to and from a construction site, dump trucks are necessary for a lot of jobs and businesses. Just like any other commercial vehicle, it’s important to make sure your dump truck is covered by an effective auto insurance policy. Read on to learn more about commercial dump truck insurance in California, why it’s important, and which coverages can help protect you and your business.
Dump Truck Insurance Protects Drivers & Businesses
In California, dump truck insurance is necessary for both independent owner-operators and businesses that have one or more dump trucks. You can choose from personal use dump truck insurance or commercial dump truck insurance to obtain the coverage you need to get the job done safely. Understanding your different coverage options is the key to building an affordable policy that offers the protection you need.
Dump Truck Insurance Coverage
No matter what, your California dump truck insurance policy must meet the state’s minimum liability requirements. These minimums are:
- Liability limit of $15,000 per person
- Bodily injury limit of $30,000 per accident
- Property damage limit of $5,000
You can also choose to add various coverages to better protect yourself and your vehicle. Common dump truck insurance coverages include:
- Collision coverage to protect your vehicle in the event of an accident
- Comprehensive coverage to protect your vehicle from non-accident damage such as theft, vandalism, or environmental damage
- Motor truck cargo insurance to cover cargo or freight
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance to protect you if an at-fault party doesn’t have the appropriate liability coverage
The cost of your policy depends on which coverages you choose, where you live and work, if you own your own vehicle, and other factors. Understanding your coverage options helps you build a policy that’s good for you and your budget.
Get Started at Saferoad Insurance
You don’t have to navigate the requirements for commercial dump truck insurance alone. The team at Saferoad Insurance is here to help make sure you have a policy that protects you, your vehicle, and your business. No matter where your work as a dump truck driver takes you, stay safe on the road with Saferoad Insurance.