It's that time of the year again. You've received the documents in the mail and now is the time you need to decide if you will renew your auto insurance policy or search for a new one. Of course, now is also a good time to do some price comparisons with other insurance carriers to make sure you are getting an affordable rate, which your independent insurance agent can assist you with. Yet, it is also an excellent time to review your car insurance limits and coverage. If you have not done so, this information will give you the ability to know that you are not overpaying for coverage and that you are fully protected.
When you have your car insurance policy in hand, it becomes easy to review the details of it to ensure you are getting what you need. Of course, your agent can also review the details with you for a more thorough explanation. Here are some things to look at closely.
- How much coverage does your policy provide? This is the upper limit of coverage per accident or claim or lifetime value.
- How much is your deductible? If you can afford to raise it a bit, you may be able to save on your premium costs.
- How much liability insurance do you have? It's often a mistake to have only what the state requires since a single accident can easily double or triple that limit.
- Are there exclusions on your policy? Take a look at the details here. Are there specific limitations on who can drive (or who cannot drive) your vehicle? Are there specific loss risks mentioned?
- How much and what type of property coverage do you have? Many people benefit from collision insurance, comprehensive coverage and added coverage for higher valued vehicles.
- What discounts are applied to your premium? More importantly, what other discounts can the carrier offer that are not listed right now?
The more information you look at on your car insurance policy, the more you'll know whether or not the policy is a good fit for you. Once you have this information in hand, you can then consider getting quotes from other insurance carriers to determine if you can save money. It only takes a few minutes to look at your policy and to compare options, but it could mean savings.
Where do you begin? Call 562-984-9445 for more information on Long Beach auto insurance.